Wayne Stinnett, Author

Wayne Stinnett, Author

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My books are taking off!!

Maybe it was because of Christmas and a lot of people bought my books as gifts. But, the vast majority of sales has been ebooks. Early in December I figured that sales of Fallen Palm and Fallen Hunter would be about the same as November and the first week it was. But, when Fallen Hunter launched in the second week of December, both books really took off. Here it is, the last day of the year, and sales of my books for the month of December are nearly 10 times Novembers sales.

How did I do it? I really don't know. I did join one of those auto tweet things and created a few book ads to go out on my twitter feed, but at the time I only had about 100 followers. Now I'm over 1100 followers and I'm still using the auto tweet thing. Could it really be that simple?

At any rate, I'm working on the third book in the Jesse McDermitt series and it's proving to be quite challenging. The first two books dealt with fighting terrorism, but this one will be about the brave men and women who fought it and as a result are now dealing with their own form of terror at home, PTSD. Furthermore, this book will partly be about a subject that's mostly unheard of in civilian circles and taboo in military circles. That being Military Veterans who left the service under "other than honorable" conditions. Yes, dishonorably discharged.

To that end, I've decided that half the proceeds of this book, Fallen Pride, will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. This non-profit organization has made a huge difference in the lives of our returning Warriors who have suffered debilitating injuries on the battlefield. From helping them to find jobs, to providing a vehicle modified for the disabled, even to providing home improvements or in some cases, a brand new home, for those Veterans with special needs.

2 comments: