Wayne Stinnett, Author

Wayne Stinnett, Author

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Just a Book Recommendation. A Really Good Book Recommendation



If you've read any of my books, you know my heart is in the Caribbean. I love adventure books set in balmy tropical locations, so that's what I like to write. I've read all of the popular South Florida writers, Hiaasen, Hall, White, Leonard, and of course, John D. MacDonald. Oh yeah, and Jimmy Buffett, too. Yeah, he's written a few books.

Anyway, when I first started writing, I received some guidance from another author and we soon became good friends. His name is Michael Reisig and like me, he's an indie author. Michael writes descriptive prose a whole lot better than I do, but with his tutelage, I'm getting better. Recently, he told me about an idea of taking one (actually two) of his previous works, which were a two book set and revising them then republishing them as separate books, the beginning of a new series he's calling Caribbean Gold.

The two book set was called Brothers of the Sword/Children of Time and is one of my favorite books ever. The first book in this new series is now called Caribbean Gold - The Treasure of Tortuga. Anyone familiar with Caribbean history will recognize the name of Tortuga. It's a small island off the coast of Hispaniola and was a pirate stronghold in the days of swashbucklers.

If you liked my books, I can guarantee you'll like this one. In fact, I got the idea for the prologue of Fallen Mangrove after reading this book. It left that big an impression on me. Right now, The Treasure of Tortuga is available on Amazon for only $.99. Don't wait, get it now. The price will go up Friday night. Just click the cover below and you can buy it on Amazon today. I promise, you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment